TIOcoop spacer TIOcoop spacer TIOcoop
Game Menu New

NovaHQ Top 50

Community Forums › Novalogic Games › Delta Force Xtreme 2 › DFX2 Boo'time
DFX2 Boo'time

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Delta Force Xtreme 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MERMITE
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 pm
Post subject: DFX2 Boo'time

Even years later and with a pc with all the bells'an whistles DFX2 still takes ages to load, even more so once you hit the map boot screen, this is in comparison with say the likes of DFX1, JOE( same motor) or even non Nova stuff Skyrim or the current Spec Ops.

So I started poking around, and is there any wonder, huge individual graphic files that just CHOKE any potential bottleneck once you hit that executable.
I extracted the important ones and cut 'em in half, ie. Ltrbx_sp2, Loading, and the all important map, Loadscrn.pcx
It was with this Loadscrn.pcx, that I stripped out totally from the original 2mb down to a macro (pre dos3.0) 17.34kb, says my Irfan....lol
Then stripped out that joker on the bike, with just grey/black, it now loads so quick you barely notice or even get to appreciate the graphic.

Now I'm at last comfortable with the result, although I intended to go further
by removing some of the .cpt's and the huge audio file COMD586A 2.13mb
and others, again to reduce load on the 'little' nova motor, I'll hold it at that for now.

Should you wish to give it a go, just drop it to your game directory, to remove just, delete them.

here:
www.mediafire.com/?fhh8l2wb537o29d (1.4mb)

"M"[align=justify]
~BLÃÐE~
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 am
Post subject: Re: DFX2 Boo'time

Cool, nice find Mermite

I have added the files as an attachment.
Just be aware you might be punted from some servers as it might be picked up as a cheat (modified file)
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Delta Force Xtreme 2
Page 1 of 1